This one is currently in the oven so I can’t exactly vouch for the flavor, yet, but it smells amazing. Besides, it is sweet potatoes, sausage & eggs… what could there be to not like?!
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 Italian sausages
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sprinkle with salt; reduce heat to low. Continue to cook on low for 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and caramelized.
- While onions are cooking, peel sweet potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in large bowl with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary; mix thoroughly, coating potatoes well.
- In a separate skillet, cook the sausage until browned. (Note: the original recipe calls for the sausages to be diced prior to cooking. You may find it easier to cook the sausage first as the natural casings are often cumbersome to cut through.) Add the cooked onions and sausage to the potatoes and toss, coating well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread out mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned.
***Either refrigerate overnight if making night before or continue to next step if serving immediately***
- Place the cooked sweet potato hash in an iron skillet and make three small wells. Crack eggs in the wells and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 425°F, until eggs are set.
Makes approximately 4 servings.
This recipe originated from paleogrubs.com and can be found here.