I am a huge fan of oriental food but, of course, on the Paleo Diet, it is hard to fit it in. The list of non-paleo ingredients is a mile long. However, as I was perusing the web the other night, I came across this recipe for Beef and Broccoli and I have to admit one thing… this is my absolute favorite paleo recipe to date and is a definite keeper!
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil and cook the garlic until tender 3-5 minutes.
- Add slices of steak and cook until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, and 1 cup vegetable broth.
- Remove steak from pan.
- Using same pan place broccoli and carrots in the heated pan. If needed add a little bit more sesame oil.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the pan to coat the broccoli and carrots.
- Cover and cook until tender.
- Return the steak to the pan and add the green onions.
- Stir steak in until it is well coated with the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds.
While this recipe calls for flank steak, any kind of steak works great! I planned to make this with some cauliflower rice but my grater met its demise so that will have to wait until next time!
Makes approximately 4-5 servings.
This recipe originated from PaleoHolic.com and can be found here.